Once you have been approved, our volunteers will work with you, using the information you have provided about your family and our information about our cats to help match your family with the right kitty or kitties that will be a good fit for your home. There are times when some of our kitties would benefit from being adopted as a pair or into a home with another cat. However, some of our cats would not do well going to a home where there are other cats. Our volunteers are here to help you make the best match both for your family and our kindred kitties.
Once you have determined which kitty or kitties are the right match for you, arrangements will be made for you to adopt your kitty. You will be required to sign our Adoption Agreement, which is the binding contract between you and Kindred Kitties.
Adoption fees are as follows:
- Cats over 1 year old: $100
- Kittens 9 weeks to 1 year old: $150
- Senior cats (10+ years): $50
- If you choose to adopt more than one kitty, a 20% discount will be applied to the total adoption fee amount (for example, two kittens would be $240, two adults $160, a kitten and an adult $200)
Make sure you have everything you need for your new family member before you bring your kitten or cat home.
A volunteer will be able to assist you. Here is a list of things you will need:
- Cat Carrier to take your new cat home in
- Litter pan, litter and scooper
- Food (dry and/or wet) appropriate for the age of your kitty
- Food and water bowls
- Toys (for socializing)
- Bed or blanket
- A quiet secure room for them to become acclimated with their new home
- Lots of love and affection
The printable form can be saved to your desktop or printed out. If you would like to email this filled out application to us, please do so! Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.